Sunday, February 14, 2010

Can You Get Waxed With A Yeast Infection Can Anyone Give Me Advice On My Dog's Ears?

Can anyone give me advice on my dog's ears? - can you get waxed with a yeast infection

My dog seems uncomfortable. I took her to the vet and he said he probably had to clean the ears of many. It is actually a cream that gave me my dog. For bacterial infections and yeast, but it is free of hydrocortisone. Anyway, I cleaned his ears with ear cleaner and more recently I have not helped my dog. When I see a look in the ear wax, the dark and I try to remove it with aq tip and I am careful not to give into the ear canal. The vet checked his ears for $ 39 to tell me that it takes no infection and that I can put or a cream cleaner to ear to ear. The vet also said that my dog must have a bit of wax, because it is normal. When I look in the ears, does not seem very clean. My dog is not the same, and I think that the stipendUse your ears, they are disturbing and scratched a little too much. It has no chips or something similar. It was also a hot spot on the leg, which seems to heal, but it is still red from a week and a half. Is it normal for a hot spot? What can I do for my dog? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your answers.

7 comments:

AnonBoy said...

When the vet said: "Listen to your ears only"
Just do it,

Once you have a degree in biology and veterinary medicine, whatever.
Then you have to say so.

Seriously, your vet knows best

shandar_... said...

I want to try some peroxide in your ears for cleaning, you should cook for a possible infection, you are in your ears, and it is not sweet. Even a small oil on bodies that are truly evil eye.

MamaBas said...

Provided with ongoing ear problems (the presence of mites have been abandoned?) No improvement in the treatment it is best for your vet to get a sample from inside the ear, and he succeeded in culture. So that the appropriate antibiotic (the insect responds better) can be identified. Otherwise, "try, try, that" is counterproductive and costly.

You will find it useful to change your diet to a lower protein, especially in hot weather. It seems to me that your system is overheating and that it could help. There is a slow-release steroid injection may be given, who should be up to 4 months - I had it in their desperation to one of my biggest Bassets that this itch / scratch entered / some "hot spots" forthe summer months. It worked.

Then They Will Know said...

It appears that your dog has an ear infection, but he is obsessed with cleaning his ears. You can actually damage the ear, what he does. Leave them alone. Instead of "ear cleaning" to the problem, as you mention a hot spot also, as it seems that your dog has problems with yeast. You need your pet's diet. This gives her raw food, or at least a high quality kibble, such as Orijen, Evo, etc. Find Dog www.dogfoodanalysis.com 6 starts. Free grain is the way to go if you want to avoid yeast infections. It is likely that your dog problems are caused by allergies.

<3 said...

I have a Basset Hound, which has very similar problems. It sounds to ear infections and the ointment is not really the trick. It is also "hot spots". The vet said my dog had allergies, drug allergies and there are minor drawbacks that are safe for your dog. I would ask. In addition, you can take a cotton swab and rub gently into your ear for a portion of the excess wax, itching / boring. The vet recommended surgery to get the wax to clean your ear drums, but was very expensive. I hope that your dog feels better be:)

JoJo said...

That may seem harsh, but the smell of your dog's ear. If there is a smell that has an ear infection. Ear wax is sterile and should have no odor. As a rule, is guilty of an ear infection yeast. If you have a dog that has ears to have, are prone to ear infections. If you are still with the ointment, the creation of antibiotic-resistant organisms can be difficult to heal, if you have an infection.

Your dog may also be allergies. Try eating a hyper dog food allergen. The best shops specializing in foods for pets and can even save money long term. Make sure there are many stresses in it. The most popular products in the diet, the more likely your dog will react.

I have a prescription for antihistaminesAmin, that my vet gave me a great offer. Atarax is called, and works like a charm.

eshires0... said...

Sulfadex (you can buy at Walgreens in the corridor PET) in the active zone.

And I take a second opinion on the ears ... sounds like infection to me. Some things should not stinking brown in the ear canal. The veterinarian may have tried to tell him that you use to hurt more than ointment.

PS - the ear of the dog is the shape of the letter "L", so it will not be able too far into the channel. Sounds like maybe not deep enough cotton buds, because they are afraid to dig to deep!

Post a Comment