Thursday, January 28, 2010

Simple Gypsy Skirt Pattern Can I Sew A Simple Long Skirt Without A Pattern?

Can I sew a simple long skirt without a pattern? - simple gypsy skirt pattern

Ok, so I'll say - I am fat (3XL). Abit in the goth / medieval gypsy side of fashion. I would like long skirts and do not want to pay up to $ 80 for each round. I like the look of velvet and dark colors.

Is it difficult to make a dull coat - no, very long with an elastic waist? Is it as simple as buying-cutting tips to make up a large amount of bottom corners, sew an elastic upper section to through on the all elastic yarn and sit, then sew together? Or should I be a model? I've never used a template before and I've never really done before curtains and bedspreads. Do you think you could go with her?

Please help!

3 comments:

Tw!zT!D~... said...

It has to do very easily, especially if you have curtains and bedspreads ... I cut and sewn back many clothes and never easy ... Ive a skirt, I do not think you need a model ... I believe that everything you need to do is cut a simple rectangle and sew the two sides, maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I do? sounds very easy for me. :)
............................
(but together after the cutting of the fabric before sewing the skirt, I just want to put the elastic around and then just fold the fabric in the elastic and sew ... I think it would be easier than with the elastic thread )

RoseBud said...

The skirts are easy to sew, but you really need a reason. I have never had a skirt with elastic waist, but I'm sure it is easier to use than a zipper, that I have done. There are many places where you can buy models. http://www.sewingpatterns.com/ many different brands. The models are not expensive and can be reused. Buy one so useful. If you are using the structure size are not familiar, the steps you need to get to the right size model. I also discovered that the fabric can bear almost as expensive as buying the purchase of ready-to-. (This is why most do not sew clothes.) Then make a skirt with a cheap material, then go ahead and buy a pair of velvet.

kay said...

Yes, it's as simple as basic rock. However, elastic waist and gathered skirt, especially in heavy, full of fabric usually very flattering. So something very light and drapey.

You can make a skirt or are considering using a blow horn yoke - is much more flattering in heavy fabrics and can be an elastic waistband for comfort part used.

See, for example ... http://www.fashionpatterns.com/index.php
http://www.fashionpatterns.com/index.php ...
http://www.fashionpatterns.com/index.php ...

(Patterns, btw, have instructions for beginners) - and Butterick patterns are on sale every two months at the chain fabric store for $ 1-2. )

Post a Comment